Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Lenten Food Diary, Of Sorts

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, which marks the start
of the forty day event known as Lent. On that particular
day all practicing Catholics of a certain age are required
to fast and abstain from meat and eating between meals.

Around lunchtime I juiced up some vegetables and drank
it down. Consisting of tomato, celery, cilantro, onion,
cucumber and carrot, it wasn't too bad. Instead of throw-
ing out the scraps afterwards, I made a lovely vegetable
soup using Knorr's vegetable bouillon as the base.

The soup was thick and delicious, so much so that I'll
be souping from now on whenever I juice. However,
I will not ever be using fresh beets ever again, blech!

On Tuesday I made pad prik bai krapow with chicken.
Normally it's really good but this time it was rather
salty. Had that today for lunch. I forgot to add that I
had a Caesar's salad for dinner last night and again
this evening.

For a salad this simple it's so good - heart of Romaine,
croutons and dressing. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home